What do you think you should say when first going to observe a lesson? From my humble point of view, I've suggested some things we could say before observing a lesson so the teacher we are observing and we get along with each other.
- Who I am
- When I want to visit
- What is that I’m going to pay attention to during the observation
- How I’m going to behave during her lesson (‘I won’t be an intruder)
- I can show her the task I’m going to do
- Identify myself to the T
- Clarify date, timetable conflicts
- So that the T doesn’t feel threaten by my observation.
- The T can pretend I’m not there and behave the way she always does
- The T knows exactly what I will be concentrating on
And you, what would you add or change?
Eager to know your answers.